As a business owner, you are probably more than aware of the complex labour laws that are in place, which protect employer and employee alike. It isn’t just any lawyer that can advise a business owner regarding all aspects of employment; rather you need an experienced advisor who is very familiar with employment laws, preferably one with the following qualities.
- In-Depth Knowledge of Employment Laws – It is vital the any employment advisory service is very familiar with all branches of the labour laws, to ensure that you are always in compliance. There are many aspects of the employment laws and whether drawing up an employment contract or responding to a personal injury claim, your legal advisor should be competent in every aspect of the complex set of rules and regulations. It is, of course, crucial that you can create and maintain great relations with your workforce and your employment legal advisor would play a major role in ensuring good relationships with employees at all time.
- Rapid Response – There’s no telling when you might need some advice regarding your workforce and the ideal solution is an employment law advisory expert from a leading provider that has a great reputation with employers. This gives you on-demand advice, such as redundancy advice for employers, whenever you need it and your labour law advisor will prove to be a valuable ally as you become more established. During regular office hours, you should expect a reply within a few minutes to any enquiry you make. On-demand service should be very prompt and if you wish to have an employment contract drawn up, this should be attended to promptly.
- Mediation – You might have an employee conflict brewing and would like to know the best approach, or you could ask your labour law advisor to mediate a conflict. A degree of diplomacy is required when dealing with employee issues and using an experienced mediator will ensure resolution.
- Reliability – When drawing up employment contracts, you need a legal advisor who works to deadlines and you should be able to ask for customer reviews, which any established company should be able to provide. You need to be able to rely on such an important service, as you might require their help at a moment’s notice. Most providers would have an out-of-office emergency number that you could call in the event something crops up outside of regular hours.
- Flexible In Their Approach – The ideal employment advisor would be flexible and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, making an effort to accommodate their client by using preferred digital platforms and always keeping the client up to date about all outstanding issues.
If your business is growing and you are expecting to hire workers in the near future, you should forge an alliance with a leading labour law advisor who will prove to be an invaluable ally as your business enjoys steady growth.